With so many incredible dining options, narrowing my favorite restaurants down always proves to be a difficult task. This list of favorites is different than last month’s Miami Michelin Guide Selections post (where I chose what I think are South Florida’s BEST restaurants, worthy of a Michelin nod). The criteria for the following list is more straightforward; if a restaurant is mentioned, you can most likely find me dining there on any given day. The restaurants I listed here are my personal, day-to-day favorites. In an effort to keep it simple and to the point, I did not separate the restaurants by price range, food type, location, or ambiance. Instead, I have listed them in preference order.
15. Bourbon Steak
12. J&G Grill Up to November 2014 when Chef Kilgore left.
9. Siena Tavern Barely two months old, but I had to add them to my list.
4. La Mar
3. 1826 Restaurant & Lounge Up to November 2014 when Chef Grant left.
2. MC Kitchen
1. Shikany New and in charge. With a record 12 visits by me since April, Shikany’s has easily swept me off my feet and is my number one choice!
11. Serafina Trattoria Italiana
8. 3030 Ocean
6. Thai Spice
1. Steak 954
I would like to take a moment to formally say goodbye to some old favorites that closed this year: SAIA, Catch Miami, PB Steak, Escopazzo, and Mister Collins.
Did your favorites make my list? Which restaurant are you eager to try this upcoming year?
Until then, keep those palettes colorful. Thank you for reading, posting, and sharing.
Remember to find also find me on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Cheers to 2015!
Miss last year’s list? How does this list compare to 2013’s? Check it out HERE.
One thought on “My Top Restaurant Choices – 2014”
Pingback: The Whet Palette Turns Two! | The Whet Palette
Comments are closed