I’m a Cuban-American writer and podcaster passionate about food, wine, and travel. Follow my colorful South Florida adventures as I review Miami restaurants, and spotlight local chefs and somms. I am a Michelin dining enthusiast, but nothing is off-limits. After all, I was raised on pan Cubano, cafecito, and pastelitos.
My other passion project, the Disorderly Blondes Autism Podcast, tackles motherhood and autism from a unique South Florida perspective, Spanglish and all.
I also have an extensive background in interior design, and dance.
It’s been quite a colorful journey, to say the least!
Life, as I know it, is my palette.
The Whet Palette.
Other Published Articles, Interviews,
Appearances, and Events
Toast 15 Best Miami Food Blogs in 2023, March 2023
Nomadic Foodist Intro To The Michelin Guide, Cuban Food, and Growing Miami Food Scene, October 2022
Redfin Blog 11 Miami Food Trucks: Explore Your New City One Bite at a Time, July 2022
Florida Politics Florida Foodies Eagerly Await Michelin Stars, June 2022
Forbes The Michelin Guide Makes Its Way To Miami This Week, June 2022
WLRN’s SUNDIAL Two South Florida mothers share their experience
Listen at 18:33, November 2021
Jupiter Magazine Getting Candid, Page 25, January 2021
Yore Oyster: Favorite Blog, August 2020 (scroll down after #3)
IN-SIGHT by SYMRISE Miami Dining in the Time of COVID-19
Food, News, and Views with Linda Gassenheimer: Episode 14
Surviving the Holi-Daze Autism Notebook Magazine
VoyageMIA Magazine Miami’s Most Inspiring Stories
IN-SIGHT by SYMRISE 6 Caliente Spots in Key West
Check Please! South Florida Season 16
Univision Noticias: Autism Awareness
VoyageMIA Magazine The Trailblazers: Rewriting the Narrative.
IN-SIGHT by SYMRISE Flavor Inspiration from Miami’s Top Chefs
THE PLASTIC SPOON The Whet Palette- A Real Miami Food Blog
IN-SIGHT by SYMRISE Outstanding and One-of-a-Kind Winery Bucket List in Napa Valley, January 2018
Google Guide Level 6
Established September 2016 – Present
Michelin Starred- Episode 1 by Visual Culture
IN-SIGHT by SYMRISE Food Reviews: The Top Social Media Savvy Tips You Need to Know About, August 2017
IN-SIGHT by SYMRISE Outstanding Miami Food & Drink Stops You Need to Know About, June 2017
IN-SIGHT by SYMRISE Inspired in Miami Part 2: Flavors and Trends from the Symrise Chef Roundtable, August 2016
IN-SIGHT by SYMRISE Inspired in Miami: Chef & Mixologist Flavor Innovation Roundtable, August 2016
TABELOG USA Weekend of a Lifetime: Napa Valley, May 2016
TABELOG USA Fantasy Date in Miami: as inspired by The Bachelor, March 2016
TABELOG USA Official Judge, Restaurant Awards, July 2015
THE ORANGE BOWL OBIES AWARDS Guest Judge, May 2015
BEST NEW RESTAURANT Featured Diner Appearance, (R House, Episode 4) July 2014 (Debut January 2015)
BATTLEDISH MIAMI Guest Judge at Chef Competition, October 2013
THE WHET PALETTE Founder- Food, Wine, and Travel Lifestyle Blog,
FORBES LUX 11 Host and Diner for TV Show (Featuring:
Little Palm Island- Restaurant Extravagant Meals.
Travel Channel, Season 1, Episode 6), December 2009
THE (not so) FINE PRINT
- I am the legal copyright holder of all material here on The Whet Palette.
- You cannot reprint or publish any of the content without my written consent. That means photos as well. Hands off!
- Use the information I have posted at your own risk.
- All of the experiences about which I write (good or not) are mine and paid by me.
- I do not participate in Media Sponsored Dinners. I appreciate the many invites, though, thank you.
- I will, on ocassion, participate in wine and travel centered events, if I feel they are a good match for my brand.
- Thank you for your consideration, but I also do not accept product placement on my blog or any of my social media outlets.
- I do, however, accept limited advertising spots on the podcast. For details, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
That is all for now. Carpe diem, my friends.
Thanks for stopping by!