What a year! The Miami culinary scene is booming.
Confession: I’m having the hardest time choosing the restaurants that will top my list as 2016’s best (for the annual Miami-Dade & Broward Top Restaurants List I always post). What a great problem to have! As I reviewed my photos for that project, I came across a ridiculous number of dishes I’d love to repeat. Therefore, I’ve decided to highlight the Top 30 BEST BITES I had this year.
This isn’t a list of the best places to eat or the best food I’ve ever had. It’s also not indicative of how I’ll place these restaurants on my Top Restaurants list next month. It’s simply a list of the single best dishes I had, just this year alone. Most are in Miami, but I did sneak in a few worthy Broward nominees. My criteria? These dishes have all stayed me long after I tried them (and no, I’m not talking about my hips. Although they’ve stayed there too). These are the ones I couldn’t stop telling everyone about. Some you most likely saw me post about on social media. I knew I was on the right track when I found myself oohing at each photo I uploaded for this post.
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any hunger this post may cause. Ready? Here we go!
30. Cloud Nine Komodo
29. Cola Duck Phuc Yea
28. Pastelito y Café Bourbon Steak
27. Blackened Mahi Bourbon Steak
26. Braised Australian Lamb Shank La Fresa Francesa
25. Chilean Seabass Miso KURO
24. Guava Crepe La Fresa Francesa
23. Croquetas La Feria by Mercado San Miguel
22. Heritage Breed Poulet Rouge MC Kitchen
21. Baby Back Ribs Quality Meats
20. Braised Oxtail La Fresa Francesa
19. Orange Chicken Shokudo
18. Fried PB &J Tavolino della Notte
17. Napoleon Los Fuegos
16. Wagyu Beef Brisket KYU
15. Stone Pot Thai Pork Fried Rice KYU
14. Unicorn PAO
13. Coconut Cake TIMO
12. Pastrami Egg Roll Komodo
11. Risotto Cacio e Pepe Alter
10. Wagyu Short Rib Empanadas Tavolino della Notte
9. Corn Kakiage KURO
8. Filet Mignon Empanadas Los Fuegos
7. Soft Egg Alter
6. Korean Fried Chicken La Mar
5. Prime NY Strip & Rib Eye Cap and Foie Bourbon Steak (Special event by Cobaya Miami)
4. Foie Gras Ariete
3. Praline Black Truffle Pide Byblos
2. Mom’s Coconut Cake KYU
1. 12oz Australian Lamb Rack Los Fuegos
You must be logged in to post a comment.