Fluent in English and Spanish, I’m a Cuban-American writer with a passion for food, wine, and travel. The Whet Palette focuses mostly on the Miami-Dade and Broward County area, but nothing is off limits. Dining at Michelin-starred restaurants in New York City and nibbling on pastelitos in Hialeah are all part of my canvas.
I also have an extensive background in interior design, dance, and autism advocacy.
It’s been a colorful journey!
Life, as I know it, is my palette.
The Whet Palette.
Other Published Articles,
Appearances, and Events
Check Please! South Florida
October 2018 (Air Date: Spring 2019)
Univision Noticias: Autism Awareness
VoyageMIA Magazine The Trailblazers: Rewriting the Narrative.
IN-SIGHT by SYMRISE Flavor Inspiration from Miami’s Top Chefs
THE PLASTIC SPOON The Whet Palette- A Real Miami Food Blog
IN-SIGHT by SYMRISE Outstanding and One-of-a-Kind Winery Bucket List in Napa Valley, January 2018
Google Guide Level 6
Established September 2016 – Present
Michelin Starred- Episode 1 by Visual Culture
IN-SIGHT by SYMRISE Food Reviews: The Top Social Media Savvy Tips You Need to Know About, August 2017
IN-SIGHT by SYMRISE Outstanding Miami Food & Drink Stops You Need to Know About, June 2017
IN-SIGHT by SYMRISE Inspired in Miami Part 2: Flavors and Trends from the Symrise Chef Roundtable, August 2016
IN-SIGHT by SYMRISE Inspired in Miami: Chef & Mixologist Flavor Innovation Roundtable, August 2016
TABELOG USA Weekend of a Lifetime: Napa Valley, May 2016
TABELOG USA Fantasy Date in Miami: as inspired by The Bachelor, March 2016
TABELOG USA Official Judge, Restaurant Awards, July 2015
THE ORANGE BOWL OBIES AWARDS Guest Judge, May 2015
BEST NEW RESTAURANT Featured Diner Appearance, (R House, Episode 4) July 2014 (Debut January 2015)
BATTLEDISH MIAMI Guest Judge at Chef Competition, October 2013
THE WHET PALETTE Founder- Food, Wine, and Travel Lifestyle Blog,
FORBES LUX 11 Host and Diner for TV Show (Featuring:
Little Palm Island- Restaurant Extravagant Meals.
Travel Channel, Season 1, Episode 6), December 2009
THE (not so) FINE PRINT
- I am the legal copyright holder of all material here on The Whet Palette.
- You cannot reprint or publish any of the content without my written consent. That means photos as well. Hands off!
- Use the information I have posted at your own risk.
- All of the experiences about which I write (good or not) are mine and paid by me.
- I do not participate in Media Sponsored Dinners. I appreciate the many invites, though, thank you.
- Thank you for your consideration, but I also do not accept product placement on my blog or any of my social media outlets.
That is all for now. Carpe Diem my friends!
Thanks for stopping by.